- Topic Areas:
- Couples Therapy | Workshop
- Evolution of Psychotherapy | Evolution of Psychotherapy 2013
- Michele Weiner-Davis, LCSW
- 2 Hours 11 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 12, 2013
That only one partner is willing to seek relationship therapy should not deter therapists, since there is much that can be accomplished. In fact, there are occasions when working with only one partner is preferable. This workshop will explore these situations and offer therapists a conceptual framework for conducting relationship-oriented sessions with one partner present.
- Describe how seeing couples with divergent goals conjointly can be detrimental.
- Discuss how to ascertain the absent partners’ views, feelings and goals for the relationship.
- Discuss how to motivate the client to take responsibility for change in light of his/her partners’ lack of participation.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Michele Weiner-Davis, LCSW is the Founder of The Divorce Busting Center in Boulder, Colorado. She is a popular TEDx speaker and the author of eight books including, Healing From Infidelity, and the bestselling Divorce Busting and The Sex-Starved Marriage. She is the recipient of several prestigious awards including the Outstanding Contribution to Marriage and Family Therapy Award from AAMFT.