- Topic Areas:
- Clinical Demonstration | Hypnosis
- Brief Therapy Conference | Brief Therapy Conference 2012
- Michael Yapko, PhD
- Course Levels:
- Master Degree or Higher in Health-Related Field
- Audio and Video
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 07, 2012
Contrary to the popular mythology about hypnosis, clinical hypnosis enhances personal mastery by promoting greater self-awareness, increasing access to personal resources, and amplifying of a sense of personal agency in actively choosing growth-oriented responses. How hypnosis can help empower people will be highlighted in this clinical demonstration.
- Demonstrate how hypnosis can highlight specific resources relevant to self-help strategies.
- Illustrate how metaphors can be applied in hypnosis as a vehicle of stimulating therapeutic associations.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Michael D. Yapko, Ph.D. (professional psychology, clinical specialization), is internationally recognized for his innovative work in applied clinical hypnosis, developing brief psychotherapies, and the strategic treatment of depression. He has been invited to present his work in more than 30 countries across six continents. He is the author of 15 books, including his most recent, The Discriminating Therapist. He is a recipient of numerous awards for his many contributions to the field, including the Milton H. Erickson Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award.